Changes in time

Hi, I struggle with one task. Imagine that I have table where is written date of order(day,month,year). I want to have title of graph: "Changes in months/years".... It means that I want follow how number of order changes in the months or years. Expectation: axis x would be years and axis y would be number of orders per each year. Can somebody give me an advice? Thanks.

0 2 44
2 REPLIES 2

Your question was a little bit hard to understand but if I got it right you would just need an extra column with the [Year]

There a couple of options:

1)  Easy less flexible approach - limited in how you choose and display data.

• Add additional Virtual Columns to your table to record Month, Year and Summary values to display in chart
  • Create a Slice that chooses the Month, Year and Summary value columns AND selects a single representative row for each Month, Year.
  • Use this Slice to create the Chart view.

2)  Harder more powerful approach - Can create Chart views from user selected data/reporting periods

• Create a dedicated Reporting table for Month, Year and all Summary values.
  • Create an automated process to add and update the rows in the Reporting table.  If you do this as the Orders are added, then users can create the Reporting Views anytime they want - even Month to date views.  Or you could create this process to run once a month adding the most recent month data to the table.  In this case, users can only look at completed months BUT still can create the Charts views over any past period they wish.
  • Chart views can be built to use filtered data.  For example, you can create a Form to allow user to choose what date ranges they want to see the summary for.  Then by using a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() function you can filter the summary data and transition to the desired chart for viewing.
  • This does take some effort to build.
Top Labels in this Space