Changes not reflected after first sync/save when editing

I'm experiencing a problem that, for me, is relatively minor but disconcerting nonetheless.  I've been editing display names, adding "if-then" expressions to make my app more fully bilingual.  I've noticed that sometimes there's a delay before my change will "take" (be reflected) -- even after saving and syncing in the editor interface the app simulator in the editor still shows the old version.  Then, if I add a space or something to the expression (not a fundamental change) and save it again it takes!  Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

My app is pretty big.  That might have something to do with it. 

At any rate, I wonder if some attempt to streamline the sync process on AppSheet's side might not be causing the phenomenon I've observed.

1 3 96
3 REPLIES 3

I have seen that the AppSheet emulator sometimes takes time to be updated, Idk why

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Kirk_Masden wrote:

I've noticed that sometimes there's a delay before my change will "take" (be reflected) -- even after saving and syncing in the editor interface the app simulator in the editor still shows the old version.

If you've used Save to save your changes in the app editor, the new values should be fully computed when the app emulator completes its initial sync following the save. Though if you're using User Settings (which I don't use very much), I can imagine that might introduce a further delay.

I'm also experiencing the same problem after spending months developing an APP, to the point where all my work will be for nothing if this bug is not resolved. Can anyone help!

Top Labels in this Space