Changing data with workflow

spoist

Hello everyone,

I am struggling with the auto update of some accumulated values and would really appreciate if someone could help.

Case is I have 2 tables:

1. Work
  2. Employee

From Work I need to sum values of column “Amount” for each employee respectively in the Employee table into column “Performance” (goal is to measure employees performance).

I have created an action for the Employee table that will do all the above mentioned, but can not select it when creating a workflow for the Work table to automate the whole thing when a new record is added (or modified) in Work table.

I have read this help topic where it suggests to create multiple actions for one table (in my case Employee). So in this description only Employee is referenced in both actions. Then I should create a workflow for my other table (in my case Work). When doing so (choosing Work table as Target Data in Workflow), in the Data Change Action Name drop-down none of the created actions appear.

Could someone please help, or just link me some better description how to use this multi-table workflow?

Thanks in advance

Solved Solved
0 2 208
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can do this either with the virtual column (no actions are needed) or with actions. Please check the sample app called “Event Action” from www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can do this either with the virtual column (no actions are needed) or with actions. Please check the sample app called “Event Action” from www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778

Thank you, both were useful.

Top Labels in this Space