Changing key column

I have encountered a problem with "Key" values. I understand that the KEY values must never change.
Once a row is saved then it has to have a unique key value and stay that way.
One of my tables has a column "Product ID" as key column but in the future the product IDs might change.
Do i have to re-create the table with additional columns to not encounter this problem in the future, or is it okay
to create a new KEY column in the existing table?

Solved Solved
0 2 440
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If your table is using "product ID" as the key column, it had better be a table of products. If not, that's probably wrong.

Why would the product_ids change in the future?

I think your question is impossible to answer without more details, or even know exactly what you're asking.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If your table is using "product ID" as the key column, it had better be a table of products. If not, that's probably wrong.

Why would the product_ids change in the future?

I think your question is impossible to answer without more details, or even know exactly what you're asking.

As the appsheet help center says "We are sometimes asked if there is a way to make the key value editable. The short answer is No."  then i will recreate the table.
Some products have to be in the list but they do not have an ID yet, i will simply create 
separate column for this.

Top Labels in this Space