Characters that may be used in a key

Hi! I have a fairly simple question that I couldn't find the answer to in the documentation on keys:

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106672?hl=en

The question is: Are there any restrictions on the characters that can be used in a key?

On my spreadsheet I thought I'd append a couple of characters to a preexisting key to make a new key the record is when it is copied to another table. It occurred to me that I could reduce the number of digits I need to append to the key if I made the Google spreadsheet choose between a range of ascii characters, such as the following:

0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}

I wonder, though, if any of these characters might cause some sort of issue. I considered testing it myself but I thought I'd ask first. Does anyone know?

0 3 48
3 REPLIES 3

By and large special characters are okay inside a key value

It's only when you migrate out of AppSheet that special characters can cause problems.

For instance, if you've got a forward slash in the name of your document - when you folderize that document in your Google Drive, that forward slash will get in the way and mess things up.

But generally, they're okay.

Personally, I remove most special characters from the ID - just because I'm picky

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks!  I didn't intend to post twice. The for some reason, my post didn't seem to appear so I tried again.  Sorry.

Top Labels in this Space