Chart columns shown if value > 0

Hi all,

I have the below table which columns are automatically updated every month with new data.Table data.png

I created a chart in my App and set all columns as visible, then in the chart I have added those months columns in the "Chart columns" details - which columns to include.

I would like to show in the chart ONLY the months with data, which means data > 0. I tried to use the show_if option in the  columns "Data" menu but adding for instance this "[May 2022] > 0.00" but it does not work, it always shows "May 2022" even when value is 0.00

Show_if example.png

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
0 10 1,865
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Create a slice on the table. Use the slice row filter condition to omit rows with zero values. Base your chart on the slice rather than the table.

Slices: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

If it helps, below how it looks like

Chart image.png

As the data is automated and each month will be updated, my idea is to show latest month (in this case May 2022) only when its value > 0.

Regards,

I would suggest you consider to change the schema (column and data structure).

For the tables fitting with Appsheet (or any other data driven solutions), data will be growing by adding (appending) row to the table, but on your table, you need to add new column, which is not good.

Thanks for the suggestion but I still do not get what I would like.

I have changed the table structure, and now new months will be added as new rows not as columns.

table_reverted.png

And I'm able to get the same chart as before

Second chart.png

But I still see "May 2022" and I don't want to see any month with value = 0. How can I do to show only months with value > 0?

Thanks in advance.

Create a slice on the table. Use the slice row filter condition to omit rows with zero values. Base your chart on the slice rather than the table.

Slices: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Thanks Steve. Please could you show me that exact expression? I am new to Appsheet and the Slices: The Essentials link did not help me much.

Hi Peter,

This is an example of expression you can use in the slice:

AND([EMEA] > 0,  [NASC] > 0, [LASER] > 0)

Hope it helps

Thanks Sergio. It does indeed. my data ranges in dates from the beginning of Feb2022 till now. I am charting various inputs comparing over this period. However some data was only captured for a limited period within the larger period.....say for instance 1 April 2022  to 30 April 2022.

When i apply that expression, it limits my data to ONLY that April period, and doesnt show the rest. If i apply that expression to more columns, it limits the graphs even further. I need all the information to show for the WHOLE period, but ignore nil or 0 or zero values on the graph and rather leave a gap than plot the 0 value.

Can you show a picture of the table and your filter?

i am getting an error message when i add the screen grabs

Thanks Steve, that option can fit my requirements ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space