Chart showing monthly totals

Can someone point me to a video or give me an explanation for creating a chart that shows monthly totals of categories I'm tracking on my app?  My app captures what I eat each day in 10 categories.  I would now like to be able to see how my monthly totals in each category change from month to month, looking back at the months of data I have recorded.

Thanks, 

Tony

0 8 258
8 REPLIES 8

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @tonycanata 

You may want to use this:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/New-Charts-in-AppSheet-applications-in-Preview...

Major:Date

Minor:quantity

Color: category

Thanks!  I'll check it out.

I couldn't figure out how to set up this functionality.  Really,  I think I need help understanding how to set up the data so that I can create the kind of charts I want.  I have a good amount of knowledge about setting up my app but I just can't remember how to set up my data and ux so that I can see my month to month trends.  Each day I put in the number and kinds of food I eat, e.g. three portions of protein, two portions of dairy, etc.  I just want to now see my totals in each category summed up by month.  Seems there should be some video or article explaining this?  Thanks.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Did you try:

New View > DataSource: your Table > view type:Chart > blue stripe "try new chart feature" > yes

I just did and I don't see a blue stripe or the words "try new feature."  Here's what I see:

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 4.47.58 PM.png

@tonycanata , OK, I got it.

I though it was said in the documentation to active an option prior to this.

After checking, here it is:

Aurelien_2-1667121225597.png

It is also mentionned here with a screenshot:

Preview Program for new app features - Google Cloud Community

(@Arthur_Rallu you may want to update the screenshot in your example to match the new editor experience ?)

Can you please activate the "preview new features" option here:

Aurelien_0-1667121126698.png

Then you will see this under your Chart view options:

Aurelien_1-1667121166550.png

Then, you can play with the chart options:

Aurelien_3-1667121416859.png

How did you navigate to the preview new features screen?  My settings look nothing like yours.  I can't find that option anywhere. 

@tonycanata wrote:

How did you navigate to the preview new features screen? 

First screenshot from my previous answer.

Top Labels in this Space