Charting Individual User Responses to a Survey Repeated Each Week

• A table contains multiple users responses to 10 survey questions, repeated each week.
  • A Column Series chart displays data for one user.
  • A User Details view displays user information and the referenced table of the user’s responses each week.
  1. Where/how to add the user response chart to the User Details view, or similar?
  2. How to display the user response chart, ie chart dynamically filtered per user?
    Thanks in advance.
0 7 569
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

@Eric_Schwartz
1.) You can create a Chart type view with REF mode and use it as an inline view for each users Detail View
2.) You can create an action, display it as inline and append it to one of your columns table with a deep link of LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(…)

Thanks Levant.
Can you refer me to a working example of LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW()?
The Factory Inspections demo appears to accomplish what I was looking for, however I was unable to identify where data filtering by team is accomplished, or if it was actually updating the chart in this Dashboard?
best,
EricS

@Eric_Schwartz
I don’t have a public sample to show right at the moment. In fact I can create a working demo in my public sample app but as I will be going to a business trip early in the morning, I don’t have time to do it honestly. But I can say that the filtering of the records for the base table, occurs inside the LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(…) expression.

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Some Table View", [Date Column] = TODAY())

of course you can expand the filtering criteria at the end or construct complex one with the use of expression power. You can use any filtering expression that will evaluate to TRUE.

NP. Thanks for the help, and safe travels.
Best,
EricS

Hi @Eric_Schwartz Here are some more examples.

• LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Order View”, [Order Status] = Open)

will navigate to the “Order View” and display Orders whose Order Status is “Open”. The second argument to LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW is a filter expression over the rows in the view. This is similar to the filter in SELECT expressions.

• LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Customers Table View”, AND([Sales Rep] = [_THISROW].[Sales Rep Id], [Priority] = High))

will navigate to the “Customers Table View” and display high-priority Customers associated with the current sales rep.

• LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Students Table View”, [Age] < [_THISROW].[Age])

will navigate to the “Students Table View” and display Students having ages younger than the current student.

Have you tried creating a Slice of the response table with a filter condition like USEREMAIL() = [respondent email] ?

You can point a graph table to that slice and each user will only see their results.

You could also try an interactive dashboard if you incorporate a table of responders and have the survey reference back to the table of responders

A huge shout-out to Stefan, Lynn and Levant who each jumped in with suggestions. This is a wonderfully supportive community.
Thank-you!

Top Labels in this Space