Check all rows in a column for a particular value in a scheduled event

I’m needing to send out assignments to a handful of users on a weekly basis but they won’t always necessarily have any assignments. In those cases, I don’t want them to receive an email. I have separate slices set up for the users for use with embedded email templates. It would appear you can’t use ISNOTBLANK on a slice (which makes sense I suppose) as it will always evaluate as empty. So what I need to do instead is check the value of the email column on the main table and see if any of the values match the email address of the user I’m trying to send. I can’t seem to figure out a valid condition to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 5 262
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Brian,

This could be useful.

Let me know if this is what you want.

Thanks for the reply Cesar. I’m already utilizing USEREMAIL() in a few places, however it won’t help me in this instance. This is solely for sending email notifications, so what I need to do is:

1. Check all rows in a column in a table for one particular email address out of a possible seven or so.
  2. If any row does match the specified email address, send a notification.

LOOKUP/SELECT definitely seems like the right direction, I can’t figure out how to combine that with a Yes/No condition, however.

Try this, adapt to your needs:

IF( ANY( SELECT( Table_Name[EMAIL_column] , [EMAIL_column] = [_ThisRow].[EMAIL_column] ) )=[_ThisRow].[EMAIL_column] ;TRUE;FALSE )

I don’t know how I missed this Steve, but it is excellent. Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space