-Deal ID
-Product
-Amount

TABLE 2
-Payment ID
-Payment name
-Deal ID
-Payment Amount

I have done for Deal ID a ref column in TABLE 2 based on TABLE 1, the problem is that if I try to create another Payment record from an exiting Deal ID, the payment record created is not associated to that Deal ID.

Why?

Solved Solved
0 9 116
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have solved setting the ref column as EDITABLE, so in this case when I try to create a child record, it will be correctly associated

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I am assuming you have IsAPartOf is enabled for the child table and creating a child record from the parent's form's inline related childs' Add button. 

TeeSee1_0-1712102014058.png

Are you saying the child's form that pops up does not have the ref field to the parent pre-populated with the associated parent row's key value?

Yes, when I click the add button in the form inline, the ref field is not visible but it is present in the column order.

why?

In addition I confirm that  IsAPartOf is NOT enabled

Apparently the IsAPart of setting has no relevance to this issue.

The only thing I can think of is somehow related to Show setting. But even disabling the Show setting does NOT affect the behavior of the parent ref pre-populated with a correct value. It simply is not displayed but correctly executed in the background..

I cannot help you any more here.

Let's see if anyone else has any other suggestions..

When I try to create the record associate to the table 1, the behavior is not executed in the background. In fact, when I see the new record created in the child table, miss the ref column value of table 1. 

How is the App Formula for the Table1[Related Table2]   Virtual Column in Table 1

hi @wjjunyor there is not a formula, only the ref column on TABLE 1, but when you try to add a new record associated by the ref column to the TABLE 1, the new record in TABLE 2 is not associated.

Why?

I have solved setting the ref column as EDITABLE, so in this case when I try to create a child record, it will be correctly associated

Didn't work for me ๐Ÿ˜ฐ

Top Labels in this Space