Child Records not available in automation?

So here's my setup, I record bookings and for every booking, there's a child record for add-ons. 
So whenever I create a new booking, I can also add add-ons inside the booking form. 

Now I have a bot that sends an email regarding a new booking:
The email body has the following:
<<[Related AddOns][Add-On Name]>>

Unfortunately. Nothing shows when in fact I actually did add an add-on inside the booking form. I also tried doing <<[Related AddOns]>> to see if the ID is even recognized... And still none.

Next I did tests in the app-editor automation bot. It works when I trigger the bot on any existing rows. but when actually using the app, it shows nothing. 

My assumption is that: the bot only recognizes the new booking record but not the children records that comes along with it.... It actually worked when I added a wait action... maybe it allows it to load all data.. but again we want things to be immediate... Is there any workaround or has anybody found a solution?

0 3 45
3 REPLIES 3

Either use <<CONCATENATE([Related Addons][Add-On Name])>> to convert this to a string with commas between values or use the <<Start: [Related Addons]>><<[Add-On Name]>><<End>> expression in a table to create a tabular layout.

@Eduardo_Jr_Vill wrote:

My assumption is that: the bot only recognizes the new booking record but not the children records that comes along with it..

Please evaluate if your case falls into the following category decribed in the help article below. If so, then you could take the associated steps described in the article.

"Send an email only after adding a parent record and all of its children"

Example automations - AppSheet Help

The reason for this behavior is quite simple, the Bot is triggered before child records are saved. It works with edit, as then all childs are already saved.

You need to build this with "Updates only". You need to add an Event action to your Parent_Form view and a condition rule like [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Trigger]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Trigger]. When the action writes something to your "Trigger" column, the process goes like this..

#1 - Parent is saved
#2 - The bot is not triggered because of Updates only
#3 - Childs are saved
#4 - The Event action is triggered
#5 - The Bot is triggered because the Event action updated the parent.

Top Labels in this Space