Choosing which view to use.

I am sure the answer to this is dumb, but I've spent too long trying to figure this out already.

How can you choose which view is used after you click on something? I will get something set-up, seem to have it working, then find I need to make a minor edit to my slice or something, and when I go back through the same path, it has changed to view to a system generated one. Again. There has got to be a way for me to tell it which view to open without having to re-set it up every time.

Happy to provide more info if needed.  Many thanks!

Solved Solved
0 6 158
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey,

you can prevent and achieve that with AppSheet's built-in function LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW()

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I appreciate your frustration because I found the editing process to be frustrating at first too.  I'm not sure, though, what is happening in your case.  Perhaps if you can explain what has happened in more detail someone will be able to help.

Sure, happy to provide more details.  Just wasn't sure if more were needed for that question.

What I have done is essentially I go from my main screen to a second view and then a third view. The third view changes based on the menu choice from the second view. I can get third view screen set-up the way I want, but if I make any changes to my data tables or slices, it resets this third view to a "system generated" view. Even though the changes I am making should not really have any major effect to the view. I can not find a way to choose which view to use when clicking on something. I do not want have to remake the view every time I make a minor edit because the system overrides my chosen view with the system generated view.

Essentially, how do I choose the flow of views I guess?

Hello @JollyHolly ,

We kind of need to know how you are going to that "second view" or that "third view" because apparently that's exactly where the problem is present, could you please elaborate more on that with some screenshots?

Hey,

you can prevent and achieve that with AppSheet's built-in function LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW()

Cheers

This was what I needed! I didn't realize I needed to make an action for it though. But I did, and now it goes where I want! Beautiful! Thanks!

Glad you got a solution.  Please be sure to designate @Denny774 's reply as your solution.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space