Clear value from Enum if NO is selected

Hi all,

I have this Enum with 2 buttons (Yes / No)

"Do you have break" -> Yes and No

If yes is selected first, and hours has been chosen like in the example below, and I regret and change to NO,
Then the "break Start and End" disappears from the app as it should, but in the google sheet, the hours are still included.

Is it possible to clear the hours if you regret and choose NO?
Screenshot 2023-07-12 195530.png

Solved Solved
0 4 155
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Or run a Form Save Action to clear the values if they save the form with "No".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Surdusvacca wrote:

Is it possible to clear the hours if you regret and choose NO?

No.  Once the user has manually entered a value, there are no automated ways to clear it on the Form view.

Consider the use case that the user accidentally switches from Yes to No - maybe they tap the "No" button as they are scrolling.  You wouldn't really want their hours cleared in this case just for them to have to enter them again because of an accident.

Instead, use validation.  When the answer is No and there are hours present then display a validation message that there is mis-match in the entries and allow the user to correct.  A validation error will prevent saving until the mis-match is corrected.

Or run a Form Save Action to clear the values if they save the form with "No".

Yes, but I didn't think it was a good approach in this case.  When there's a  mis-match between the question and the hours entered...which one is correct?  The user needs to specify that.

Thinking more on it...it's best to avoid the possible ambiguity altogether.  Simply don't have the question at all.  If they enter hours, then there was a break.  If none entered, then no break.  Re-word the hours entry label accordingly.

Thanks for great answers @WillowMobileSys and @Marc_Dillon 

In this case, the Form save action sounds like something that could do it for me.
Thanks a lot!

I am starting to like Appsheet ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space