Clients

Hi friends, I'm making an application to manage my company, I have several tables, one for orders, one for customers, one for the company's areas, how can I synchronize all data from the same customer? Is there a formula that synchronizes all data coming from the same customer ID from several tables that it recognizes as the same customer? Can anyone help me?

0 5 51
5 REPLIES 5

@gabmartins wrote:

how can I synchronize all data from the same customer?

You will need to explain in more detail what you mean by synchronize.  Describe in terms of your app what you expect to have happen.

Hi Willow, 

I have a view of the customer, a another view of orders placed by customers and other one of the process where the product is. 

I would like the app recognize the customer and the infos in all the views.

The app need to know that information is references to a specific customer. 

Is possible to do that? 

I agree with @Luis_Rodriguez_ for filtering needs.  You could also look into Security Filters.

However,  I am gathering you are not quite that far in your app implementation yet.  If I understand correctly, you need to understand how to tie the data together between Orders and Customers/Products??

You will want to look into using Ref columns - references from one table to another table.  For example, your Order table would have a Ref column pointing to the specific Customer row the Order is for.  maybe its named simply Customer.  Through this Customer column you can get access to any of the other columns on that row for that Customer.  A similar thing can be done for the Products on the Order.

These are called "relationships".

To get more details on how to "tie" or "relate: data tables together, take a look at this article.

References between tables  

@gabmartins wrote:

would like the app recognize the customer and the infos in all the views.

The app need to know that information is references to a specific customer

That doesn't really make your request any clearer to me. What do you mean by "recognize"? Have you set up the references between the tables?

If what you need is to filter the rows of the data showed in the different view, so that the logged customer only sees the ones related to that account. YES YOU CAN.

Just create a slice for your view (use it as base) and in the 'row field condition' field set the formula: [column that holds your customer mail]=usermail()

Luis_Rodriguez__1-1666637385662.png

Top Labels in this Space