Co-author you don't have the permission to add new data

Hi Everyone,

I got this message when I try to link the bot to Apps script : As a co-author you don't have the permission to add new data. Please ask the app owner to add new data. My question is : How me and the Owner can both be the editor and be able to add new data sources into the app? 

Can somebody help fix that??

Thanks...

2 2 1,025
2 REPLIES 2

That is current weekness of AppSheet, where the co-author is not given to add new table to the shared app.

Your question seems to be strange. The app owner is NOT able to add new table?  this is strange, if true.

For co-author, there is a bit of trick to add new table to the shared app, if you (as co-author) have access to the source spreadsheet.  Access to the sheet and add new sheet to it. Back to app editor, and reload the page, twice or three times.  Then you may see the short cut (hint) to add new table from the existing table on the source spreadsheet. Then as co-auther, you have a tiny chance to add new table.

@takuya_miyai 

Hi @Koichi_Tsuji 

My Bad, The owner is able to add data. My concern is about both of us being able to do it. We will try your solution and see if it works.

Thanks

Top Labels in this Space