[Collection of files] Automation triggered by folder updates

Hi.

Is it possible to trigger a bot event by updating the table which is connected as 'Collection of files'?

Please let me know.

Thank you very much:)

Solved Solved
0 4 188
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I cannot be sure of this but my guess is that update events are not available on tables created from the "Folder as a table" option. (You do not see Add, Edit, Delete actions that you usually see on regular tables).

So I think you need to add a "send an Email" step to your report creation bot...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not sure what you mean.  But adding or removing a file from within appsheet can be used as a trigger for a bot.

Hi, thanks for the answer. Sorry for my poor explanation. Here are my details.

I create daily reports on folder 'DailyReport' and table 'DailyReportsFolder' is Collection of files of folder DailyReport.

I set an automation as when any updates to the DailyReportsFolder table, a mail is sent. But it was never executed though I tried to trigger it several times.

I hope this .gif file can help you understand.

111.gif

My expectation:

Daily report created > Daily report table updated > Automation sending mail triggered > Mail sent

What's happening now:

Daily report created > And nothing happens

โ€ƒ

I cannot be sure of this but my guess is that update events are not available on tables created from the "Folder as a table" option. (You do not see Add, Edit, Delete actions that you usually see on regular tables).

So I think you need to add a "send an Email" step to your report creation bot...

I really wish it was possible. I am going to post a feature request. Thanks for up voting it

Top Labels in this Space