Column Description

HI! I have been looking at other posts about this but haven't gotten a straight answer about it. I already added additional columns and I have a column where I want to have instructions to help the person filling out the form to locate the correction information. 

Is it possible to have the description appear under the field? Instead of it replacing the name of the column? Or have the description appear and then once the correct type of information has been entered the column name reappears? 

I have been playing with the "initial value" and "description" but have gotten to what I am looking for. 

I am trying to have it appear under the Applicant ID section

jfong12_0-1665772882563.png

0 1 90
1 REPLY 1

No.  You have no control over the placement of Description text.  It replaces the column label.  Most app creators construct this so that it has the normal column label and then add to it the helper text.  Something like:

Reg ID 1 - registration id of xyz

OR
Reg ID 1 (registration id of xyz)

Another useful technique is to include a format example

Reg ID 1 (e.g. 123-456-789)

You could also combine these with Validation and shown a helper message only when the entered value is incorrect.  The validation message DOES appear below the field but only when the entered values does not match the validation expression.

Column Definition Valid If expression and error message

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 5.56.47 PM.png

Top Labels in this Space