Column Formula Values

Good day Everyone, 

I had a table that has around 1000 rows of data,

i have added a new column with an appsheet formula expression.

is there a way that the formula would return the value for all records too ? 

now what i have noticed is that it didn't reflect for old data , but if i press into a record, press edit and save , it returns the value that i want to the formula to return. (which is ofcourse too much to do manually) 

is there a way to just make it return the value automatically ?

thanks

Solved Solved
0 4 119
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Unfortunately App Formula gets updated only when the row is edited.

One way to do it is to create another column and write an action to update this (ie a Number col and just add 1).

You can do bulk select rows in a table view and apply the update action (https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107372?hl=en) or write another action - Data: execute an action on a set of rows - and call the first action on all the rows.

AFIK, there is no other way. (like to know myself if I am mistaken..)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately App Formula gets updated only when the row is edited.

One way to do it is to create another column and write an action to update this (ie a Number col and just add 1).

You can do bulk select rows in a table view and apply the update action (https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107372?hl=en) or write another action - Data: execute an action on a set of rows - and call the first action on all the rows.

AFIK, there is no other way. (like to know myself if I am mistaken..)

Thanks for the suggestions , solved my issue 

FYI, Another approach that can sometimes make sense in scenarios like this is to just populate the data directly in the spreadsheet rather than have it calculated via AppSheet. That can be the easiest technique when the formula is straightforward and reliable to recreate in the spreadsheet in an unused column to then paste the values into the new table column.

Top Labels in this Space