Column Type/Expression Mismatch

I’m running into an issue where the Expression Assistant is not allowing me to enter “NOW()” as an expression for a field of type DateTime. The problem is the Expression Assistant thinks it should be type ENUM. But I also have other actions that let me enter “NOW()” for the same field. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Some context if it helps, I’m trying to write an action that updates the DateTime field with the current date time
2X_a_ae385196044148b85daf0fcd0d7ab9c0cacb5155.png

0 21 935
21 REPLIES 21

Most likely you need to save the change of column type first; if you change the type then immediately add a formula, the system is still thinking the column is the old type - not the one you just changed it too.

You can see in the screenshot you gave that the system isn’t sure what type of column this should be yet - you need to save.

When you save your changes, everything rights itself

If that’s not the issue and it’s solely about the enum type: check that the base type of the enum is set to datetime.

The Column Type of that column hasn’t changed. It is of type: DateTime. However, when editing one of the actions, it seems to think it is of type Enum as seen above.

If you go into that column and try it now, does it still give you this error?

Not sure what you mean by “go into that column” If I navigate to the table and view the columns I see that the “Request Time” column is set to Type: DateTime which is correct. If I navigate to Behavior > Actions and edit an action that sets the values of columns in a row, I select the field “Request Time” which should be of Type: DateTime and give it the formula NOW() which should set the value of the column with the current date and time, and I get the error pictured in the screenshot above which I believe says it is expecting an Enum value, and not a DateTime value, unless I’m reading the error incorrectly.

Here is another example of a different Action entirely which should do the same thing, set the value of “Request Time” to the current Date and Time. And this one says it is expecting Type: Long Text

2X_7_7292ebd406bc6008f2d50e699c867358f2b5c31f.png

@Aleksi perhaps you’ll have more luck, this is giving me pause:
2X_b_b9b911e9ab4cd63011a9f0da20b9e8d28c29981f.png

@Kevin_Zoodsma I can take a look for your app. I would need to know…
#1 - What is your account ID
#2 - App name
#3 - Table name
#4 - Column name

Thanks @MultiTech_Visions and @Aleski for assisting with this:

ID: 1025142
App: AWS Hudsonville
Table: Parking Lot
Column: Request Time

@Kevin_Zoodsma What is the action name that you have tried to assign to this “Request Time” or have you just deleted it?

@Kevin_Zoodsma It seems that this is probably a bug and we need to investigate the possible reason. Thanks for the info!

Hi @Aleksi,
It appears some have now changed. All of the issues are for Column: “Request Time”

Action: Porter Request Completed 1 says:
New value for column undefined (Text)

Action: Tech Complete
New value for column undefined (Enum) **This one gives me an error when testing the action because the current time is not in the Enum option list.

This one is correct
Action: Reset Requested
New value for column undefined (DateTime)

Hello @Aleksi,
If this is a bug, should I sit by while you investigate or look for a fix, or do you think it would be best for me to rebuild a new app using the same data?

Haven’t tested this with your app but with my test app it’s now working. Would you please test with your app, thanks.

Yes everything appears to be working correctly now. Thanks again for the assist!

You’re welcome

@Aleksi I’ve found another column. This column should be Type Enum, but the Expression Assistant is claiming it expects type Yes/No.

Column is “Move To” in the same app as before.
Action is “Pick Up Complete”

Would you prefer me to contact support in a different way than the community forum in regards to these types of issues? If so let me know. Thanks.

Have you changed something with the action? Your action “Pick Up Complete” seems to be a sequence of actions.

Yes when clicking the action button it should fire multiple actions, but behavior is setup so that it should only appear if the “move to” field is equal to customer pickup, but it thinks it should be a yes/no field so I can’t get it to appear on the page when it should.

The “move to” field is a text type not a yes/no type

That’s the normal behavior. The header text shows what kind of formula you should use… meaning what the result should be. Because that’s a condition rule, you should use a formula where the result is either true or false.

Ah, the table was only allowed to update and not delete and since one of the actions was to delete the row the action was not visible on the page

That’s correct

Top Labels in this Space