Column mismatch error after making a table change

I added two columns to a Sheet, regenerated the table, and everything was fine, mostly.  However, a subset of the users are getting this error (even after closing, opening, resysncying the app):

"Errors": "Unable to add row to table 'Requests'. → Error: There is a mismatch in the number of columns between the spreadsheet for Job Profiles and the table schema. The table has 6 columns but the schema has 4 columns. Please regenerate the table column structure.

The only solution we have found is for the users to completely clear their browser cache.  This can't be the correct answer, can it?  Shouldn't AppSheet fetch the new table information on a sync?  Is this an open issue?

0 4 455
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Scott_Nesbitt wrote:

Shouldn't AppSheet fetch the new table information on a sync?

Yes. I'd guess the users didn't actually sync.

Well, you can use recovery mode.
Use with caution:

Errors and warnings during Sync - AppSheet Help

They clients did sync, but it was still failing until the cache was cleared.  A bit sad that I have to ask the (thousands of ) users to do that to resolve the issue.

Again, you can use recovery mode to prevent that.

A good way to also prevent problems with sync after changes on your schema is making no such changes at all. Let me explain:
Some add extra columns that future proof your tables. It doesn't matter the column name because you can then change both on your worksheet and AppSheet. Temp1, Temp2, Temp3, Temp4 and so on

Top Labels in this Space