Column not showing based on the initial value

HELP!! Newbie 

I don't know if this is a bug or I have my mistakes on the formula. here is my formula SELECT(Store List[Store],[Name]=[_THISROW].[Name]) to filter the the Table Store List based on the Name of the Users.

The Problem is the store column is not showing even there is a initial value for name. But When I change the initial value, With another username, it shows the Store Column. Please see picture for more understanding.

bmpoweravn_0-1685505558903.png

When I change the name,

bmpoweravn_1-1685505646724.png

Thank You!

Solved Solved
0 2 123
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @bmpoweravn 

Your expression seems correct, I assume you set this one in the valid_if field of the column [Store].

1) if you have a table Store List, can you try changing the column [Store] from type Text to Ref, source table Store List?

2) Can you make sure you have the name "Lex Doroin" that has a store in your table Store List?

3) you may benefit from changing your expression to:

FILTER("Store List",
[Name]=[_THISROW].[Name]
)

For reference:

FILTER() - AppSheet Help

References between tables - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @bmpoweravn 

Your expression seems correct, I assume you set this one in the valid_if field of the column [Store].

1) if you have a table Store List, can you try changing the column [Store] from type Text to Ref, source table Store List?

2) Can you make sure you have the name "Lex Doroin" that has a store in your table Store List?

3) you may benefit from changing your expression to:

FILTER("Store List",
[Name]=[_THISROW].[Name]
)

For reference:

FILTER() - AppSheet Help

References between tables - AppSheet Help

Hello @Aurelien 

Thank You so much for your response!! Already fixed this issue using same formula, I modify my store list with their correct name and email. Like what you notice on question no. 2.

Thanks again😀😊

Top Labels in this Space