Column only visible in Input() context

Gert1

Good day.

I have an Orders Table with a Code Column.
How can I make this Code only visible in an Input() function and not in any other views?

Thanks

Gert

0 6 204
6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Gert

You may want to have a look on this expression:

Gert1

Thanks.

I canโ€™t figure out if any of the options in CONTEXT( option ) can tell me if the column is being edited in an Input() function.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gert

As far as I know, CONTEXT() wonโ€™t allow you to specificly indcat that you are in a INPUT() pop-up.
However, you can specify to avoid ViewType such as Detail, Form; or ViewName such as yourView1, yourView2, etc.

Note: tag me with a @ so that I get notified you answered. Or, reply specifically to my answer.

Gert1

@Aurelien

NOT(IN(CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€), {โ€œOrdersโ€, โ€œOrders_Detailโ€}))

When I add โ€œOrders Detailโ€ to the list the Code column is not visible in the Input() action.
That is one of the views it should be hidden.
The idea behind this is that a different person from the regular app user must enter the code to change the state of the order, which code may never be known by the regular user.

Ok, so what about:
USEREMAIL()="yourSpecificUser@yourDomain.com"
or
USERROLE()="Admin"
then ?

You also have the possibility to add an option on the view settings, with Column Order.
The ones you pick will be displayed, the ones you donโ€™tโ€ฆwonโ€™t

@Aurelien .
The person entering the code will not be an app user. The device will be physically handed to him to enter the code.

The second option with all the other views set to not show is the solution.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Gert Pienaar

Top Labels in this Space