Column "Display Name" not used in Chart (native column name is used for x-axis)

I have a table (Google Sheets source) which contains 25 columns for a rolling 25-month (2 years plus current month) sales history. Each row contains the 25 cols of sales figures. Since the sales history 'column labels' would change each month, the 25 columns are just generically named, "m1" thru "m25".  In addition to the 25 sales $ (numeric data) columns, the table also includes a REF-type column linking to the customer record in the 'parent' table as well as 25 columns containing the 'labels' I wish to use for 'naming' the numeric columns. Here's a sample of the 'backend' data:

rhynot_ryan_0-1705607600725.png

The 'label' column values are generated by an external application which produces the raw data which is then stored in the Google Sheets sheet as the table datra source.

In order to get a chart to display the sales history with easy-to-understand labels (so a user of the app doesn't need to figure out what month "m6" is referring to), I defined a Display Name for each of the 25 columns, which references the appropriate 'label' column to use that column as the display name. Here's an example of the table's data definitions:

rhynot_ryan_1-1705607798288.png

problem: In a Detail view, the column's name is displayed as expected, using the value of the 'label' column referenced in Display Name. In the example below, you see the values for column "m1" is properly displayed with the name "2022-Jan"; "m2" is displayed with the display name "2022-Feb". All good.

rhynot_ryan_2-1705607908987.png

Now we get to the problem - in the inline view for the data, which is a row series line chart, the column display names are not used - instead just the 'native' column names are displayed.

rhynot_ryan_3-1705608160053.png

To be clear - in the detail view, columns are displayed using the Display Name. But in the inline chart view, the Display Name is seemingly...ignored?

Advice or suggestions?

0 0 51
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space