Column with App Formula to be edited by user

Hello,

I'm trying to get a column to calculate a value for the user, but I want the user to be able to modify this data.

The Row calculates a "Time total" and if a collumn is set to yes, I want the value of another collumn to be = to "Time Total"

This formula works :

DECIMAL(
IF([Route_Sling]=True,[Route_TimeTotal],0)
)

However if I put it in "App Formula" the user cannot modify the data, and if I put it in "Initial Value" it doesn't work, as the user has not created the "Time total" value so it equals 0

I would basically the value to update everytime the [Route_Sling] value turns to TRUE, but go to 0 if the value turns back to FALSE.

Solved Solved
0 2 91
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Community Member
Not applicable

You could control the order of processing.  I.e. ... don't show "this" column until the TotalTime field has been entered.  Then the Initial Value can calculate and the user would have the option to modify it afterwards.

Note:  You will want to also consider editing the row.  Initial Value does NOT re-execute when the row is edited UNLESS you have Reset on Edit configured to do so.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Community Member
Not applicable

You could control the order of processing.  I.e. ... don't show "this" column until the TotalTime field has been entered.  Then the Initial Value can calculate and the user would have the option to modify it afterwards.

Note:  You will want to also consider editing the row.  Initial Value does NOT re-execute when the row is edited UNLESS you have Reset on Edit configured to do so.

Hi John, Thanks, I didnt know that if the column is not shown, the Initial value doesnt compute. So I already had a Show_If and it triggers properly

Has for the Reset On Edit, I've toggled it on, It's not exactly the behavior that I want, as I would like it to reset only IF the user has not modified the value.

but it still works, So Solution it is !

thanks 

Top Labels in this Space