Column 'x' is used in a SELECT or list dereference expression and should be a List/EnumList error

Hi, 

Can anyone help with why I'm seeing this error with a virtual column? 

In the same table I have several references doing the EXACT same expression referencing other tables, but for some reason, this one refuses to comply no matter what I try.

The expression in question is simply this:   

SUM([MatchingBusEx][LineTotal])

...with the [MatchingBusEx] list being generated from this expression: 

SELECT(BusinessExpenses[Row ID], AND([Date] >= [StartDate],[Date] <= [EndDate]))

I can successfully get a count of MatchingBusEx Row ID's so the list is being returned correctly, and as I say, i've got the exact same expression querying other tables with no issues whatsoever (e.g. SUM([MatchingInvoicedExpenses][LineTotal]) and SUM([MatchingJobExpenses][LineCost])) with the similar table setups and assigned keys and labels.

I've tried everything I can think of and it's driving me absolutely nuts as I've been unable to solve the issue for nearly a week (not working full time on it, but still...)

I've attached screenshots of the table layouts for the table that doesn't work (Business Expenses) as well as one where the same query does work (Invoice Data) and one of the Financial Stats table thats giving me the error.

Any pointers or assistance would be very, very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Alan

Screenshot 2024-02-20 125728.pngScreenshot 2024-02-20 125632.pngScreenshot 2024-02-20 125706.png

0 1 94
1 REPLY 1

The error tells you that the VC should be a List of Refs. Is it?

Top Labels in this Space