Columns don't appear if that column is also in a "Group By"

Hello I have a lot of data and some simple โ€œgroup byโ€ to help my users beging to searchfor what they are looking.

I have noticed that any column which I include in the โ€œGroup Byโ€ do not show in the results. You can see from my example I have [Brand] and [System] included in the group by.

When viewing the data those columns disappear even though they are included in my โ€œColumn Orderโ€

Maybe this is not a bug but for my purposes I would like to include the columns that I choose to include in the โ€œColumn Orderโ€ section.

The point is that when my users are searching products via the dashboard on their desktop, that they can see a list of line items and all columns I choose wether or not they have already clicked it to narrow down the list.

0 5 833
5 REPLIES 5

Iโ€™m afraid that is happening by design. If you would like to see them as well, you should add an additional either normal or virtual column for that purpose.

Thank you for the answer. I understand.

My document is rather large. I have read this article recently: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/1492878-improve-the-speed-of-syncs-with-data-updates

Can you tell me the impact of virtual columns have on sync time?

It totally depends what you will calculate with the virtual column. If itโ€™s happening โ€œinsideโ€ of the record, itโ€™s not so time consuming but if the formula is reading values from another table it can totally ruin your app usage. The trueth is somewhere between these.

I see thanks. If I made a virtual column to duplicate my columns that I wanted in my first message - would you think that would be a bad idea? It would be useful for my users, the data it would be duplicating is 10,600 rows.

Better to use normal column.

Top Labels in this Space