Comparing list with text issue

Hi. Can’t quite work out an issue I am having. I have Fabrication Search Table with 1 column [Product Code] that is scannable. The scanned code takes the user to subsequent table Operations_Master_Check. One column in this table [Master Reject] is a text with Yes/No value (based on app formula). If this value is set to yes I want to return an error to the user in the previous table when scanning the [Product Code]. So it is something like Operations_Master_Check[Master Reject]=“No” in the ValidIf formula. I am getting an error because the system is trying to compare a List and Text. Could anyone tell me if I am on the right track here and if so how to tweak the expression to get me desired result?

Thank you.

Solved Solved
0 5 2,299
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Probably something like… LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Product Code],“Operations_Master_Check”,“Product Code”,“Master Reject”)=“No”

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Most likely you have a column called Related Master_checks in the Product table so you can use IN(“Yes”, [Related Master_checks][Master Reject])

Hi @Bellave_Jayaram. If I understand you correctly I don’t have the Related Master Checks in the Product table. Is there an alternative approach.

Probably something like… LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Product Code],“Operations_Master_Check”,“Product Code”,“Master Reject”)=“No”

That worked @Aleksi. Thanks a million.

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space