Condition in filter slice

Hi you all  !!!!

I have an app with contracts that differents users record. I put a filter slice to filter the contracts upon the different email users. The formula is the next:   [EMAILWORKER]=USEREMAIL()

, so each one can see only their contracts. Is there any formula that one user could see all the records?

Thanks you in advance !!!

Solved Solved
0 3 149
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your slice expression could be something like

OR( [EMAILWORKER]=USEREMAIL(), USEREMAIL()= "abc.test.com")

where  abc@test.com is the email of the person who needs to access all the table data.

However please be aware that slicing data and presenting it to each user differently is less secure way than using security filters.

In a nutshell, in case of slice filer, entire table data reaches the device of the user. By using security filters only the filtered data as per security filter expression reaches each user's device.

Security filters: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Limit users to their own data - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Your slice expression could be something like

OR( [EMAILWORKER]=USEREMAIL(), USEREMAIL()= "abc.test.com")

where  abc@test.com is the email of the person who needs to access all the table data.

However please be aware that slicing data and presenting it to each user differently is less secure way than using security filters.

In a nutshell, in case of slice filer, entire table data reaches the device of the user. By using security filters only the filtered data as per security filter expression reaches each user's device.

Security filters: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Limit users to their own data - AppSheet Help

Thank you very much !!!

It works. I checked the security filters info. It was very useful.

Good to know it works the way you want. You are welcome.

Top Labels in this Space