Conditional Latest Datetime Dropdown

Hi All

What is the expression ? In below sheet1 I would like to filter to the latest datetime by group col B (Standard Tool ID) condtion Col D=1

desmond_lee_0-1680101325572.png

Dropdown into this table sheet2 Col A ref to above table sheet1 the key col B.

desmond_lee_1-1680101609109.png

Solved Solved
0 10 236
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Thanks all. I got it. 

([_THISROW]=MAXROW("Tool Assign","ASSIGNED TIMESTAMP",AND(([_THISROW].[STANDARD TOOL ID]=[STANDARD TOOL ID]),[ISSUE LIST]=0)))

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Thank for response. I read this a few times and I don't know how to pratically tweak this into my situation. That is why I post here and hoping some expert can write an expression with this conditional dropdown. And in google sheet formula this is very easy formula =QUERY(SORTN(SORT(Sheet1!A2:D,1,0,2,1),9^9,2,2,1),"SELECT * WHERE Col4=1",0)

Alternatively you can add the 2nd sheet to your app as read-only table. Don't bother making an expression.

There is already a 2nd sheet and this is a working apps. I want t reduce sheets so as the apps no need to access too many sheets. This apps already have 11 sheets operating. That's too many to me

My practice is to reduce expressions on my apps(clients) as many as possible, throw calculations to Google Sheets(server) whenever possible. To me, it's normal to have lots of read-only tables linked to my apps. This gives much better performance from my experience on AppSheet so far especially with huge data, many relations & calculations.

From my pont of view & experimenting, the expressions on apps (VCs, slices, rules, etc.) are processing on device consuming CPU, RAM, power, etc. Instead let'em run on server side and get the results to device improves overall performance & reduces sync duration (internet speed is no longer an issue nowadays).

True. I have a lot of small table in different tab of the google sheet. I just want to further reduce those tables. To make it smaller and less complicated and less routing.....

I manage to filter the latest row but how do I nest the rest of the condition into the expression. See my comment at the link you posted above. The solution is almost there.

Thanks all. I got it. 

([_THISROW]=MAXROW("Tool Assign","ASSIGNED TIMESTAMP",AND(([_THISROW].[STANDARD TOOL ID]=[STANDARD TOOL ID]),[ISSUE LIST]=0)))

very is working accordingly but I turn back to how I do it beause it slow down. There are 4000 data in the table

Top Labels in this Space