Conditional branching without google forms?

Since I am not using google forms or google sheets is there another way to conditionally branch my form? For my company I am collection information on equipment, and need to skip a few questions and ask a few additional questions if the equipment is used on the road. I could do two different forms and tables I suppose but then Iโ€™d need to merge them at some point.

0 2 1,043
2 REPLIES 2

No need for two forms. Use the โ€œShow_Ifโ€ property in the fields that conditionally show. Then tie those to the result of โ€œUsed on Road?โ€.

For the fields to show when Not used on the road, the โ€œShow_Ifโ€ expression might be something like "[Used on Road?] = โ€œFALSEโ€ or you could also use โ€œNOT([Used on Road])โ€.

Fields that are required when used on road would have an expression in Show_If that is opposite.

A couple notes:

1. Yes/No type columns ALWAYS record the values โ€œTRUEโ€/โ€œFALSEโ€ as the result in the data BUT you can test using โ€œYesโ€/โ€œNoโ€ or โ€œTrueโ€/โ€œFalseโ€, etc.
  2. A Yes/No field with no value is treated as โ€œFALSEโ€.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that helps a lot! I tried it on both regular columns and โ€œPageโ€ definition columns and it works on both.

Top Labels in this Space