Conditional deletion

Hi there,

I have a situation where I do not want to be able to delete an entry without a condition being met within the row. For example one of my rows has a field of 'absent' or 'present'. Regardless of user permissions I do not want to be able to delete the entry unless the form has been amended to absent. 

Is this possible? This behaviour should affect all users of the app including administrators. 

Thanks

John

Solved Solved
0 4 250
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not sure if this is what you want, but here goes...

Go Manage -> Author -> Editor Settings.  Turn on Show System Actions.  Go Behavour -> Actions and find the Delete action for the table.  Go into that action and set the "Only if this condition is true" to [ColumnName]="absent".  This should hide the delete button unless that formula is true

Simon@1minManager.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If the record was to be deleted, how are you going to do that?  With a action button or via a Bot?

So I want the order of operations to be as follows.

1. Create record fill in fields, one of the fields is to select 'absent' or 'present'.

2. If set to present then do not allow the record to be deleted until the record has been amended to absent. This can be presented with an error ideally eg 'you cannot delete this record until the form has been amended to 'absent'

3. change record to absent.

4. delete entry.

Make sense?

Cheers

Not sure if this is what you want, but here goes...

Go Manage -> Author -> Editor Settings.  Turn on Show System Actions.  Go Behavour -> Actions and find the Delete action for the table.  Go into that action and set the "Only if this condition is true" to [ColumnName]="absent".  This should hide the delete button unless that formula is true

Simon@1minManager.com

After looking into this you can write a condition for the table to pick when you want update, delete, or read permissions. The one caveat it seems as though you cannot use a definition from the table you are setting the permissions for. This is what I have found in my own experimentation. But I recommend you further look into this. So that would be the "Are updates allowed?" section under data section and the table tab. 

Craig 

QREW Technologies

Top Labels in this Space