Conditional displaying fields of a table?

Hi,

Just double-checking to be sure this is not possible:

I have a table and one of its fields is an enum. I would like some fields of the table to be visible in the app only when a certain option is chosen from the dropdown corresponding to the enum. 

For instance: let's say that the options are 2: "Car owner" and "Bicycle Owner" and that the table has two different fields for "number of cars" and "number of owners". In the app I'd like the field "number of cars" to appear only if the user chooses "car owner" (ditto for "number of bicycles"). Is that possible with AppSheet?

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 2 38
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In the column "number of cars" you can include a 'show if" condition that looks at your Enum column to see what value is there. For example [_thisRow].[Enum Column Name]="Car Owner" in the "Number of cars" column's show if condition. This will only limit what columns are shown in the row, not the table as a whole. If you need to control the whole table, you will need a column in your user settings to use as a condition 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

In the column "number of cars" you can include a 'show if" condition that looks at your Enum column to see what value is there. For example [_thisRow].[Enum Column Name]="Car Owner" in the "Number of cars" column's show if condition. This will only limit what columns are shown in the row, not the table as a whole. If you need to control the whole table, you will need a column in your user settings to use as a condition 

That's it! Thanks a lot!

Top Labels in this Space