Conditional droplist from another tab

Hi Appsheet Expert

I created a Tool Management system and found out there is a loophole. The problem statement when a tool have been issued to production line logically it can't be issued again to other area unless its sign off and return.  Need an expression to block those tools that is not return mean not sign off return to be filtered from the dropdown list

desmond_lee_0-1657082737770.png

Solved Solved
0 8 166
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

(
  ASSIGN TABLE[STANDARD TOOL ID]
  - SELECT(
    ISSUANCE TABLE[STANDARD TOOL ID],
    ISBLANK([ACKNOWLEDGE RETURN SIGNATURE])
  )
)

Subtract values from a list - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

Wow it works ! But it create another error at the dropdown as below

desmond_lee_0-1657121388781.png

I use ref to pull the picture

desmond_lee_1-1657121614827.png

the yellow triangle indicates a broken reference. I think perhaps some of the columns you have marked as text should perhaps be a ref that points to another table to pull its values. Or perhaps something is incorrect with what its pointing to

this may help:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Yellow-warning-triangles-In-an-app-I-m-work/m-p...

8 REPLIES 8

Something like this as the suggested values in an ENUM column in the Assign table.  It will create a list of tools where [Acknowledge Return Signature] is blank, i.e. its been signed as returned

Unique(Select(Issuance[Standard Tool ID],ISNOTBLANK([Acknowledge Return Signature])))

Simon@1minManager.com

Does not work. Anywhere thanks

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

(
  ASSIGN TABLE[STANDARD TOOL ID]
  - SELECT(
    ISSUANCE TABLE[STANDARD TOOL ID],
    ISBLANK([ACKNOWLEDGE RETURN SIGNATURE])
  )
)

Subtract values from a list - AppSheet Help

Wow it works ! But it create another error at the dropdown as below

desmond_lee_0-1657121388781.png

I use ref to pull the picture

desmond_lee_1-1657121614827.png

the yellow triangle indicates a broken reference. I think perhaps some of the columns you have marked as text should perhaps be a ref that points to another table to pull its values. Or perhaps something is incorrect with what its pointing to

this may help:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Yellow-warning-triangles-In-an-app-I-m-work/m-p...

Thanks for the info. Have been trying the whole night where is that broken link but I can't find it. I also try by removing all the formul in the Issuance and place only the expression suggested here it's still show a broken link. I think I want to give up on this. The expression works well.

This is the source table. Tool Assign. The key ASSIGN ID in this table is the dropdown list in the Issuance table.

desmond_lee_1-1657174470092.png

This is the target ISSUANCE table. The ASSIGN ID is a ref to Tool Assign table

desmond_lee_0-1657174318907.png

Hey guys

I found the broken link. Took me whole nite last nite until this morning. It's the KEY that I forgottent to edit. Case closed all resolved

Wrong Expression

(TOOL ASSIGN[STANDARD TOOL ID]-SELECT(ISSUANCE[STANDARD TOOL ID],ISBLANK([ACKNOWLEDGE RETURN SIGNATURE])))

Corrected Expression

(TOOL ASSIGN[ASSIGN ID]-SELECT(ISSUANCE[ASSIGN ID],ISBLANK([ACKNOWLEDGE RETURN SIGNATURE])))

This the result. The item has no dropdown value because the tool already issued.

desmond_lee_0-1657176829096.png

Hello Steve & others

(TOOL ASSIGN[ASSIGN ID]-SELECT(ISSUANCE[ASSIGN ID],ISBLANK([ACKNOWLEDGE RETURN SIGNATURE])))

Above expression you have recommended is good for drop down filter. The form is editable. When I edit the issuance form it show me an error invalid entry because after I sign off the form the signature column consider not blank even I have not save the form. Anywhere to get around this? End up the form cannot be completed

Video Clip On Replicate Error

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ng6DmqcJBuMBsrth6y-y7CONaWMnZoZ4/view?usp=sharing

Top Labels in this Space