Conditional text formating

I have a "main table" about bikes and a secondary related table about issues. They are related by the "bike key". Each Issue have his "status". I want to format the name of each bike in function if is any issue related with the bike with the status = "Unresolved". In that way, I can see directly witch bike have issues pending and focus the efforts to solve it quickly (each name of the bike should be green for all issues resolved and red for bikes with some unresolved issue). I found many documentations about formatting from a field from a table but no one from a part of a related table and that can change โ€ฆ

Thx!

Solved Solved
0 2 82
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Create a Format Rule with the main(bike) table as the row source and the condition as follows..

ISNOTBLANK(FILTER("issues", AND([status] = "Unresolved", [bike_key] = [_THISROW].[bike_key])))

Select the bike_id and set whatever format you like.

Hope this will solve your problem

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Create a Format Rule with the main(bike) table as the row source and the condition as follows..

ISNOTBLANK(FILTER("issues", AND([status] = "Unresolved", [bike_key] = [_THISROW].[bike_key])))

Select the bike_id and set whatever format you like.

Hope this will solve your problem

Cheers

Thx!! Solved!

I used:

ISNOTBLANK(FILTER("issues", AND([status] = "Pendent", ["the field from issues tables that link to the bike table"] = [_THISROW].["bike_Key"])))

Top Labels in this Space