Confirmation message

I want to show a confirmation message while saving. I have three unique start values. All three values ​​are below. I want it to show the confirmation message while entering the value. 

CAPL*******

FLIP******

FLKS******

0 15 348
15 REPLIES 15

Could you give further explanations? Do you try to change display change in your confirmation text?

I want to show a pop message. When the column contains the scan only CAPL***** when. 

Like this

3X_c_7_c7433b2f0d8821383dec82f6a872355d055c80f2.png

To my knowledge, you cannot have a pop up to confirm Saving a Form. However, you can prevent the user from saving the form based on conditions in your columns. 

For example, you can add a new Column to your table. You can name the column "Are you sure?", and make it of type Enum. You should add two values in the Enum's allowed values: "Yes" and "No". Then in the Valid if field, you can put an expression like: 

IF( STARTSWITH([valuesColumn], "CAPL"), [_This] = "Yes", TRUE )

With the Show? field you can show this column only if your valuesColumn starts with CAPL, using the expression below, which you should also put in the Required field.

STARTSWITH([valuesColumn], "CAPL")

In this way, if a CAPL value is entered the user will have "Are you sure?" message appearing in the form, and he has to select "Yes", otherwise, an error message will be displayed and the user will not be able to save the form. 

Can I use this function by creating a virtual column? 

No. It should be a normal column added to your sheet. 

I do not want to add a column to my Main Table. Is there no other solution? 

None I could think of.

Thank you for helping and sharing your ideas. @Joseph_Seddik @

No message is appearing while saving the form.

IF( STARTSWITH([CAPL BARCODE], "CAPL"), [_This] = "YES", TRUE )

IF this condition is true: 
....(The value of column 'CAPL BARCODE') starts with the text value ("CAPL")
THEN use the value of: 
....(The value of column 'ARE YOU SURE?') is equal to ("YES")
ELSE use the value of: 
...."TRUE"

new column screen shotnew column screen shot

You have to put this expression in the Show? and Required? fields of your new column:

STARTSWITH([valuesColumn], "CAPL")

No message is appearing while saving the form.

Please do not blindly copy/paste your own replies without adding new information; this is an annoying waste of time. 

Did you put the expression where I told you? Please post screenshots of the expression you are using and screenshots of your form and show the behavior you are getting. 

See my screenshot.

Capture.PNGPPPPPPPPPP.PNGUUUUUUUUUUU.PNG

Please do the following: 

1. Valid if field: 

IF( STARTSWITH([CAPL Barcode], "CAPL"), [_This] = "Yes", TRUE )

2. Show? field: 

STARTSWITH([CAPL Barcode], "CAPL")

3. Required? field: 

STARTSWITH([CAPL Barcode], "CAPL")  

If this doesn't give you the desired behavior, please: 

1. Show the column of your table

2. Show the behavior in the form.

Top Labels in this Space