Confused again, I am glad you guys have my back!

I am running an action on a table to update Vendor Information:

ANY(SELECT(V Items[ID],AND([Quote #]=[_THISROW].[Vendor PO #],CONTAINS([Item Description],LEFT(
LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Name ID],Items,ID,Item),18)
) ),False))

I want to return the ID of the row on the V Items table, but the action fails, but if I change "V Item[Item Description]" it returns the item description.  The logic works just like I want, but not if I try to use the select on the ID column Instead of the Item description column.  

Any Thoughts???

Solved Solved
0 7 114
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What column is the Action trying to set the value to? Is that column an appropriate data type, and have an appropriate valid_if to handle the desired returned id value?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello-

What is the error when the action? For the mean time, try creating a virtual column in that table and apply that formula and see what it returns. 

Action Failed

V Item ID is invalid

ANY(
  SELECT(
    V Items[ID],
    AND(
      [Quote #]=[_THISROW].[Vendor PO #],
      CONTAINS(
        [Item Description],
        LEFT(
          LOOKUP(
            [_THISROW].[Name ID],
            Items,
            ID,
            Item
          ),
        )
      )
    ),
    False
  )
)

Your expression is quite messy. What if you explain us what are you trying to do?

A quick fix would be (assuming the rest works):

ANY(
  FILTER(
    "V Items",
    AND(
      [Quote #]=[_THISROW].[Vendor PO #],
      CONTAINS(
        [Item Description],
        LEFT(
          LOOKUP(
            [_THISROW].[Name ID],
            Items,
            ID,
            Item
          ),
        )
      )
    )
  )
)

Same error, Invalid V Items ID

my app build a part list for an project, then I use part list to get a quote on the project, then I import the quoted items into the V Item Table.  Then I run an action on the part table to search the V item table for parts that match Quote # and Item name, and return the V Item table ID, then the action uses the return ID to pull the Lead time on item and prices.  But I get the Action failed, Invalid V Item ID,  The weird part is if I have it return the Item Description it works, but I need the ID, to pull the other data.  

What column is the Action trying to set the value to? Is that column an appropriate data type, and have an appropriate valid_if to handle the desired returned id value?

I had a Valid_if in there 

Top Labels in this Space