Consolidate sales amounts for pie chart view

Hi everyone,

Im trying to build out a view to analyse the percentage of sales of drinks Vs food in a restaurant in a chart view. 

My data table is created when a user inputs a dollar value for sales, a dollar value for drinks and a dollar value for food each day. 

Eg 100 dollars sales. 75 dollars food, 25 dollars drinks. The user inputs this data daily. 

When I try and create a pie chart view, it takes the input of each day and plots it in the chart so this isn't helpful. So I'm seeing each daily entry plotted.

How do I get the app to consolidate the amounts, as I ultimately want to be able to use a dashboard view to filter this data in the future. 

Do I need to build a new table that Sums the Related Columns or is there another solution?

Solved Solved
0 1 73
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Jared12345, you're gonna need a new table indeed, you would have a "Category" column and a virtual column for calculating the total for each.

If you want to filter the amounts, you're gonna need to build your dashboard on top of slices based on dates, and let the user select the date range so that the virtual columns calculate the sales for the date range selected.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @Jared12345, you're gonna need a new table indeed, you would have a "Category" column and a virtual column for calculating the total for each.

If you want to filter the amounts, you're gonna need to build your dashboard on top of slices based on dates, and let the user select the date range so that the virtual columns calculate the sales for the date range selected.

Top Labels in this Space