Consolidated Dashboard View

Hi,

Wondering if it’s possible to create a view described below:

I have 4-5 different tables of data from which I would like to create views of charts/graphs/tables and place them under a reporting Dashboard. I would then like to use the “Use tabs on mobile” view feature to break them up on its own separate tab.

The issue I’m running into is that I also have created an interactive filter, which would become its own separate tab. The filter values also would not pertain to all of the different tables of data I would like displayed. Is there any way to have all of these different views in one place where filters could be tied to specific tables (in tabs somehow maybe). I really don’t want to create separate views in the app and would like all of these to be under the Reporting view in the app if possible.

1 6 168
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Peter_S1, you COULD have a table designed for storing the filter preferences for your users, that could accompany a current_user system or be built into it, that way you could have all your chart configuration options in a single view or tab, and then the other tabs would change depending on which columns have changed.

Hello Peter,

I know that AppSheetTraining has a YouTube video on dynamic dashboards if you would like to step a little further into that. I’ll link it below for you.

Link to video: Dynamic Dashboards - AppSheet - YouTube

Hope you have a good one!
Cale

Thank you both. @QREW_Cale that’s exactly the video I used to build an interactive filter for one of the tables.

The question is, how do I add another table into the same Report view? The filter made for table 1 doesn’t necessarily apply to table 2 etc. Is there any way to put filter and a table on separate tabs? So meaning if I have 4 different tables, I can have 4 different tabs accompanied by its own custom filter and I can have all of this in a reporting view.

With this option, each sub-view of a Dashboard will become its own tab.
You can’t have multiple sub-views per tab.

Not possible, as above.

Yeah…that’s what I figured.

Well, instead of trying to solve it as tabs in a dashboard, how about using the dashboards as tabs?

From what i’ve seen, placing two views inside a dashboard configured with the “use tabs in mobile view” option turned off is fairly equivalent to the forbidden fruit of having two views in a single tab, since those two views are shown one after the other vertically (in the mobile preview at least)

You could make a “menu” view with shortcuts to each one of your desired views, each with it’s own filter, and to make it worse , all the filters for each table could be slices of one singular table !

Think about it.

Top Labels in this Space