Content vanishing

Hi everyone,

I am having a weird situation on a view. There is one specific column on which when I enter data then click save, after a couple seconds the data is vanishing.

There is no automation attached to that view. I have no idea what could cause this.

Any clues?

Solved Solved
0 11 136
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks you Aleksi for putting me on the right track. I went to check the format, then noticed on some random lines, the Fixe cells where merged with the previous column. I have no idea how I managed to achieve this, randomly 2/3 of the lines where concerned. 

I've unmerged everything and problem solved.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Could you add some screenshots indicating how the column is set up as a start to troubleshooting? 

First here is a video. You'll see data entered in the "Fixe" column then the form is saved. Returning to the details view, the data I entered is there for a couple seconds then it vanish by itself.

Link to the video 

The column is a Phone type and is set in a very basic way. There is no "Auto compute" nor "Data validity" formula attached to it. 

Capture dโ€™eฬcran 2024-04-01 aฬ€ 10.25.45.png 

The view used to enter the data is linked to an action on save, but this action doesn't concern the "Fixe" column. I've tried disabling the action but same problem appends without it. 

I also tried to regenerate the schema.

By any chance the column type in your data source is not properly set? Change it to "Plain text" and see if that helps.

This doesn't make any sens. There is a "Mobile" column next to it, which is set as Phone as well, this one doesn't have the problem.

I did try it anyway and the problem still persists.

With the data source, I mean like Google Sheets, Excel etc.

It is a single Google Sheets document.

Then check what is your column type in your gSheets.

Thanks you Aleksi for putting me on the right track. I went to check the format, then noticed on some random lines, the Fixe cells where merged with the previous column. I have no idea how I managed to achieve this, randomly 2/3 of the lines where concerned. 

I've unmerged everything and problem solved.

Good to hear!

Top Labels in this Space