Continuosly appending

Hey APPSHEET,

I am a new User.

I want to continuosly append text everytime a value is changed in a specific cell without deleting its previous content.

for example,
i have a column named โ€œLATEST SPO2โ€ containing data like this โ€œ94% at 11pmโ€ and the other column named "HISTORY " saving the data.now my demand is to store the value of โ€œLATEST SPO2โ€ as past record in โ€œHISTORYโ€ every time value of โ€œLATEST SPO2โ€ is changedโ€ฆsuppose value of โ€œLATEST SPO2โ€ changes now from โ€œ94% at 11pmโ€ to โ€œ90% at 12pmโ€, i want to display only โ€œ90% at 12pmโ€ in โ€œLATEST SPO2โ€ column but display as โ€œ94% at 11pm,90% at 12pmโ€.

Again when value of โ€œLATEST SPO2โ€ changes suppose to โ€œ85% at 1amโ€ from โ€œ90% at 12pmโ€, โ€œLATEST SPO2โ€ should show โ€œ85% at 1amโ€ but โ€œHISTORYโ€ should show โ€œ94% at 11pm,90% at 12pm,85% at 1amโ€

i hope my problem is clearโ€ฆ

0 8 396
8 REPLIES 8

You can do that with setting the RESET ON EDIT property of your columns and using an expression in the Initial Value of the columns.

Thank You So Much Manโ€ฆThanks A Lotโ€ฆSorted My Issue

Youโ€™re welcomeโ€ฆGlad to hear that you have solved itโ€ฆ

I have used as saidโ€ฆi have created a 3 columns namely latest,past and historyโ€ฆlatest has the latest value while past has a app formula = history and history has a spreadsheet formula of concatenating latest with pastโ€ฆ

it worked but it also changes it value even when form is edited in some other part and not the latest column result is duplicate repitition in history column.

for an example first i have latest value = 94 then i change it to 95โ€ฆhistory shows 95 94 both as requiredโ€ฆbut when i change any other part of form it again appends the latest value even if its not changedโ€ฆi.eโ€ฆif i edit the form 2 time for some else column still history wll be updated as 95 95 95 94โ€ฆ

my requirement is to only append if the value of latest column changes else concatenation doesnt occureโ€ฆ

i hope you understood my requirement and problem both

Dear Rohan Shah
I want to implement in my app as a column date and column history
when every time i update column date which is = Now() should be added in column history.
Logic is same you used. can you share what expression you used.
entry 1 date 12/08/2020 history 12/08/2020
update 2 date 13/08/2020 history 12/08/2020. 13/08/2020
update 3 date 19/8/2020 history 12/08/2020. 13/08/2020, 19/08/2020

In your case i suggest you to have 3 columnsโ€ฆnamely dateโ€ฆpast date and date edit historyโ€ฆ

Now what u can do thatโ€ฆu can add a application formula for past date โ€ฆi.e. = date edit historyโ€ฆ
And for date edit history spreadsheet formula of concatenating date and past dateโ€ฆ

Logic is app formula is applied during edit or syncโ€ฆwhile spreadsheet formula applies after syncโ€ฆ

I could give u a example asโ€ฆ
Suppose for 1st time u enter date 13 Augustโ€ฆ
Past value would be blank and history value will beconcatenating date and past i.e 13 august and pastโ€ฆpast is empty so history will show 13 august for 1st timeโ€ฆ

Then u edit it to 14 augustโ€ฆapp formula applies during edit so past will be equal to 13augustโ€ฆdate equal to 14 august โ€ฆso history will be 14 august || 13 august (|| i have used in concatenating formula for differentiation)

For 3rd edit of 15august โ€ฆit would date = 15 augustโ€ฆpast = 14 august|| 13 augustโ€ฆafter sync and concatenation 15august||14august||13 augustโ€ฆ

Also hide the column past โ€ฆ

I hope u got my ideaโ€ฆ

Still confusion u can continue to ask

Sir i am not able to do it
can you give me the spread sheet colum formula

=CONCATENATE((K2+L2)) getting value

Dear Sir

I am not able to do it, can you help me my whats app number 9895279540

Top Labels in this Space