Controlling User Access In-App

Hi guys,

I feel like this should be an obvious answer but is there a way to allow or remove access to an application based on a user table, rather than logging into AppSheet on desktop and hitting the Share button?

In essence, I would like to allow specific users access to one app on the fly, but only when I add them to our user table through our Admin application. Everything is done automatically from there.

The important things to note are: their access is limited to only lines tied to their login email address so there's no obvious data breach risk, and they're external to the organisation, so I can't give them domain access.

Solved Solved
0 1 409
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately, it is a straightforward answer and the answer is that that's indeed not possible. While there are many ways to control user access to data within an app, there are limited ways to control access to the app itself.

Overall, user access control options essentially boil down to:

• Disable Require user signin?
  • Enable Require user signin? and explicitly manage users via the Share function
  • Enable Require user signin? and Require domain authentication? and explicitly manage users outside of AppSheet
  • Enable Require user signin? and Allow all signed-in users

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Unfortunately, it is a straightforward answer and the answer is that that's indeed not possible. While there are many ways to control user access to data within an app, there are limited ways to control access to the app itself.

Overall, user access control options essentially boil down to:

• Disable Require user signin?
  • Enable Require user signin? and explicitly manage users via the Share function
  • Enable Require user signin? and Require domain authentication? and explicitly manage users outside of AppSheet
  • Enable Require user signin? and Allow all signed-in users
Top Labels in this Space