Controlling Workflows when Related Tables are Involved

I have a table called TempWaterUseAgreements with 4 related tables that are ‘is part of’ on the form entry for TempWaterUseAgreements. They are CountiesOfUse, Appropriators, Users, and Permits. I have a workflow for TempWaterUseAgreements for ‘Add_Only’ that sends an email to a dynamic email list that is dependent on values contained in the related Permits entry. The email template contains referenced entries to the related tables.

So, the problem that occured is the email did not contain values related to the 4 tables, they were left blank, the email list contained emails that were not parsed down to what I wanted from the Permits relation.

Inspecting the Log, Appsheet processed the Row Add on the TempWaterUseAgreements table and then proceeded to Add the related table entries. I presume that is why those related values where missing in the email and the email list did not get filtered according to the related Permit entry.

Finally, the question. Is it possible for Appsheet to delay the workflow until the related table entries have been processed? Or is there some other way of going about this?

0 2 106
2 REPLIES 2

@Markus_Malessa
Sure thing. Please check my partner @Aleksi’s AppSheet portfolio and look under the hood of Update Parent, Event Action and UpdateEventAction apps.
https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778

Hi @LeventK,

I came across that shortly after I posted my question, but thank you for the assist. I gather from the example that this requires an additional column in the parent table that would essentially trigger an update to the table and then the workflow. Unfortunately I was trying to avoid adding columns specifically for checking workflow conditions since it does become somewhat of a hassle when working with SQL tables.

I was really hoping there would be a better solution such as the possibility of a JS timeout function or similar, but it appears that does not exist in the Appsheet realm.
I think I will probably look at just making this a report functionality that gets sent daily for new entries but even that might become tricky as there will be some historical entries made to the table.

Top Labels in this Space