Convert excel template to PDF

Hi Guys
I use a BOT to send an email and also to populate an Excel template which gets emailed out to a recipient, it works seamlessly. Is it possible to convert the output populated Excel file to a PDF before it is emailed?
If so what would be the process?

Cheers

0 4 868
4 REPLIES 4

If the Excel spreadsheet is actually in AppSheet template form, then all you need to do is in the Email Task change your attachment file type from XLS to PDF. This will automatically kick off the PDF file generator.

Hi John
I tried that which results in the following error when trying to open the file

3X_5_c_5c7d59a8fbb45b23c8cca17049c2493b0210db7a.png

When you say it is an โ€œExcel templateโ€, what does that mean?

I have created PDFโ€™s using Excel templates. I know that there are some limitations and are not as well supported as Google Docโ€™s.

I have not used an Excel template to create an Excel attachment. So, I am not familiar with what works in this space. I donโ€™t know if there are template expressions you can do here that are not supported in the PDF generation - the thought being that those might be interfering with PDF generation.

Maybe these articles can help?

Its an Excel file template sitting in a drop box location ( as along with many others ). In other areas of the app I use Doc templates which output as PDF very nicely, just this one dosnโ€™t for some reason:

Top Labels in this Space