Convert text to Upper on Master-Detail

I have created a Master-Detail (Master: PurchaseOrders, Detail: PurchaseOrderLines) relationship between two tables.  The Ref column (Purchase Order ID) on the detail table is set up to be "Is a part of..."

The app experience is working just as I intended.  The user creates a new purchase order, adds data, then adds line to the purchase order.  There are a couple of fields in the the detail table that I want to ensure that they are uppercased before being saved.  I followed this post, Auto uppercase before saving, with no luck.

I wonder if it's because I have I already have a action set on Purchase Order Event Action to aid in creating a file one save.  I accomplished this by following this post's advice.

In particular, refer to the article below and scroll down to “Sending Email Only After Adding a Parent Record and All of Its Children”. The principle is the same when generating a doc from a template

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961707-workflow

Any suggestions on how I can get the action to apply to the detail form while the master is being saved?

Upper a column on "detail"Upper a column on "detail"

My compositie action to upper all my columnsMy compositie action to upper all my columnsThe action applied at the form level.The action applied at the form level.

Solved Solved
0 2 166
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You don't have to build one action for every column value to change. You can change multiple columns within the same action. 

Your users are filling the PurchaseOrder Form, so this is where you should set your Upper Action as the Form Saved action, not in the purchaseOrderLines form. For this you need to create a new action in the PurchaseOrders table with the following settings:

• Data: Execute an action on a set of rows
  • Referenced Table: PurchaseOrderLines
  • Referenced Rows: [Related PurchaseOrderLines]
  • Referenced Action: your Upper action

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You don't have to build one action for every column value to change. You can change multiple columns within the same action. 

Your users are filling the PurchaseOrder Form, so this is where you should set your Upper Action as the Form Saved action, not in the purchaseOrderLines form. For this you need to create a new action in the PurchaseOrders table with the following settings:

• Data: Execute an action on a set of rows
  • Referenced Table: PurchaseOrderLines
  • Referenced Rows: [Related PurchaseOrderLines]
  • Referenced Action: your Upper action

Perfect!  Your provided suggestion was the solution I needed.

Top Labels in this Space