Copy Functionality

Hello All,

Following is my data structure:

1) Master - Table (Quotation)

2) Multiple Child Tables that makes up 1 Quotation (having common Quotation ID) which in turn as multiple records

The ask is to have "Copy Quotation" functionality.

Can you please suggest how this can be best accomplished?

Solved Solved
0 6 275
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey, 

you gotta create that Temp-ID in the Original Record first (Create a new (physical) Field for that and name it Temp-ID or Template-ID or Temporary-ID or whatever. Otherwise you would never be able to know what new Quote-ID was created for the new (copied) record, which in turn you need to know (while copying)  to process and assign the Quote-ID (Temp-ID) to the child items ๐Ÿ˜

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hey man,

it's very easy to accomplish. With a "Duplicate" Action.

Cheers

Hi @Denny774 - Thanks for your revert, can you please explain a little bit in more detail how can it be done? Thanks 

Sorry I still didnt understand it, how multiple child records are copied in this?

What you have mentioned in point 4 - These are different tables with multiple records. [_THISROW].[Temp-ID] is not available

Hey, 

you gotta create that Temp-ID in the Original Record first (Create a new (physical) Field for that and name it Temp-ID or Template-ID or Temporary-ID or whatever. Otherwise you would never be able to know what new Quote-ID was created for the new (copied) record, which in turn you need to know (while copying)  to process and assign the Quote-ID (Temp-ID) to the child items ๐Ÿ˜

@Denny774 - Thank you. Logically I was clear what you mentioned, but I was struggling with "how". Finally managed to achieve it ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space