Copy app and database

Hi,

I usually copy my apps and they use the same google sheets so I never copy the database. 

This time i tried that but the app is still connected to the original google sheets. Does it not create a copy of those and link to them with the new app "copy database" has been selected?

Thanks

Phil

0 5 214
5 REPLIES 5

When copying the app and the data source, yes it should copy the gSheet as well. If you open the new app in the editor and then open the data source from it, does it then open the new gSheet? Both of these apps should show different DocID via the app editor, please check that one as well.

Hi, 

No it has the old one. It is a very large g sheet with 40 tables etc. It took 15 minutes to copy it and reach 100%.

Could that be the reason?

Do you have lot of images?

The copy process has its own limits and it has probably taken too much time to make the process complete. If you have a lot of data in few of your sheets, backup those rows to another gSheet so the process could take less time.

Thank you. That worked. I removed lots of data and pasted back in.

The new g sheet has a name chosen by appsheet and appears to be a randomly selected table name from the previous sheet. 

Can I change the name of the g sheet without it interfering with the app in the same way that changing a g sheet tab does?

It doesn't matter what the whole gSheet name is because AppSheet is using the DocID. That's why you can change it as you want. 

Top Labels in this Space