Copy merged parent and child data into other table

After searching the forum I wasn't able to create a solution for my requirements.
I have a parent table Order_header with child records in the table Order_Items.

When the status of the parent records changes to 'Entry Control Completed' I would like to merge some data from the order_header with the child record(s) into the inventory table so that only 1 record per child record remains in the inventory table.
I don't know how to set up the actions to have the child records (with some parent data) written into the inventory table. I am able to write the parent data into the inventory table (the action is set up and triggered from the parent record), but I don't know how to reference to each child record correctly.  

Has anyone a working solution or video on how to set this up.

wilcovanr_0-1676315747258.png

Thank you.
Wilco

Solved Solved
0 2 138
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Create a "Add new row" action, from the child table to the inventory table. You can easily pull values from the parent record via dereference.

Create a reference action ("execute an action on a set of rows") on the parent table, that runs the above action on every child.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Create a "Add new row" action, from the child table to the inventory table. You can easily pull values from the parent record via dereference.

Create a reference action ("execute an action on a set of rows") on the parent table, that runs the above action on every child.

Thank you @Marc_Dillon your reaction pointed me in the right direction.

Top Labels in this Space