Copy multiple rows

Is it possible to copy multiple selected rows with an action ?

1 17 1,681
17 REPLIES 17

Yes you could add a new row to a table if you choose the same table as a source.

okay, so in a table i can select multiple records in the app en then copy en save those records with an action? How?

Any suggestions on this?

Use an action of type Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row.

Does that action work in bulk edit?

You should be able to use it with multi-select, if that’s what you mean by “bulk edit”. Note that the action will be applied to each of the selected rows individually, rather than acting on all rows as a group.

I am very keen to see an answer to the original post.

"Is it possible to copy multiple selected rows with an action ?

You have a table where you select multiple ROWS based on some criteria. Maybe even the entire table.
You then need to copy ALL the selected ROWS to another table in a single action.

I do not want to do this with JSON or some other API tool. If I am going to go external I will migrate the data set from a Google sheet, put it in a SQL data bases than then get some flow tools to do the job. If I could use JSON or some of the other suggestions in other threads I would not need a no code tool in the first place.

There was an answer.

Where? There certainly was not one in this thread.

Привет, долго искал тут по форуму информацию как сделать перенос несколько строк, для моих задач достаточно 20-30 строк для переноса, я сделал перенос на значке с троке но были лишние нажатия и онформация могла зодублироваться. В общем есть вариант сделать так:
1.настроить перенос по нажатию на каждую строку

2. в режиме редактирования выбрать нужные строки, и выбрать действие по пункту 1.
Есть существенный минус долгая синхронизация.
Hello, I have been looking here for a long time on the forum for information on how to wrap several lines, for my tasks 20-30 lines are enough for wrap, I made a transfer on the icon from the line, but there were unnecessary clicks and the information could be duplicated. In general, there is an option to do this:
1.set up wrap by clicking on each line
2.In edit mode, select the required lines, and select the action according to point 1.
There is a significant disadvantage: long synchronization

We can create an action as below to copy multiple selected rows:

Behaviour~ Do this:
Data: execute an action on a set of rows
Referenced Rows: Set the Filter condition/ formula
Referenced Action: Duplicate

What is Duplicate?
“Duplicate” is also an action created as below:

Behaviour~ Do this:
Data: add a new record to another table using values from this row

Hi there,

i am trying to add a set of data to a Table. So i tried the duplicate + execute an action on a set of rows.

But i am getting the error ‘Action on a set of rows’ ‘’ for Referenced Table ‘KGE_DATA_RG’ could not be found.

That’s very odd. I encourage you to engage Support for help with this one. That looks like a bug to me.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

Try selecting something different here:

Then re-select the “duplicate” Action that you want.

Good call.

@Marc_Dillon Thx. That did the trick. I even tried to delete and redo the action it didnt work, but saving it with another function and then change to duplicate worked.

Seems strange.

Top Labels in this Space