Copy several selected / rows of one table to another table (bulk copy)

Hello,

I want to copy selected / matched row in the another table.

For the Reference I've created one app for Policy Management also I've created multiple tables named: 
Policy Update: Vid (Unique) , Pid(policy ID), Pname, Change Type, File
Annexure: Anid(Unique), Vid, Pid, Aname, File

Here Annexure Vid is a "IS PART OF" column in Policy Update table. 

Issue:
1. What i want is, When i select change type = No change then my existing data which stored in the Annexure table, that data i want to again stored in the Annexure table with new Vid which is created. (where rest of the column data should be same as previous except anid) but the issue is in the annexure table there is a multiple data which i'm not able to store one by one.
For example:
In my Annexure table there is two row with same Vid and this row's i want to store again with new Vid in the annexure table when there is a "No Change". 

Here i'm not able to fetch Aname & File.

many thanks in advance.

1 7 109
7 REPLIES 7

If the new Policy Update is created, how are you able to know which Annexure rows you should copy as the new Vid doesn't exist yet in your Annexure table?

Thank You For the reply,

As we have Vid of last record. with the help of that we can fetch the Record.

For Example. 
One policy has different version 1,2,3,4 so for every version there is different Vid. so we can fetch this 4th version Vid. also this vid are stored in the Annexure table.

If you have the Core subscription, one way to do this is with the Bot/Webhook as you can use Start: & End expression with it. It creates the loop automatically and you don't need to think how may rows it needs to copy.

I've created one Bot for the "No change". So can we create one Action to trigger this !!?Screenshot_2024-01-29_12-37-00.png

Sure, it can be one separate event in your process.

How can i achieve this cause when i implement the action it is not considering the List value to store in Name.
In the Bot I want to trigger this action to store the data.

If you want to do this with actions (not with webhook), please check Matt's sample app https://www.appsheet.com/templates/How-to-loop-through-a-list-and-create-child-records-for-each-item...

Top Labels in this Space