Copy this row and edit to another form

Please help me with this one.

I want to copy a specific details in this table...

capture_20220723221841109.jpg

to this form to edit/Update/Add another details.

capture_20220723222156111.jpg

I already tried the linktoform but I don't know why its giving me this...

capture_20220723222301563.jpg

The outcome I'm aiming is...

AppointmentDate --> Visitation Record Form "Date",

PatientID --> Visitation Record Form "PatientID",

DoctorID --> Visitation Record Form "DoctorID",

ProcedureID --> Visitation Record Form "ProcedureID".

0 7 131
7 REPLIES 7

Please take a look at the below referred sample app. The LINKTOFORM() action requires a specific syntax for the source ( detail view) and the destination ( form view) fields. You will find those in the sample app below.

Linktoform Example

In general your LINKTOFORM()action's  syntax will be something like

LINKTOFORM("Visitation Record Form", "Date", [AppointmentDate], "PatientID",[PatientID], "DoctorID", [DoctorID], "ProcedureID", [ProcedureID] )

Hi, I already tried that but still giving me this result ๐Ÿ˜ž I don't know why it's not working.

capture_20220723222301563.jpg

This is the action that I made.

capture_20220724235614122.jpg

Please post a screenshot of the entire Target expression for that action.

Please also post a screenshot of the configuration of the Visitation Record_Form view from UX >> Views.

• Entire Target expression.

capture_20220727165834069.jpg

•  Visitation Record_Form view.

1.jpg

The LINKTOFORM() works really well for my Visitation Record to Appointment Form, but it doesn't work for Appointment to Visitation Record Form 

It certainly looks like it should work. From my own experience, I would consider the possibility an Initial valueValid If, or Suggested values expression for a column in the Appointment table is triggering a bug. If that's the case, we'll have to consider every one of them.

Oh okay. Sorry no further inputs at this moment. If something comes to my mind , I will update the post. 

Hope "Visitation Record Form" is the basic name of the form and not display name.

Thank you for helping me out. Hoping that there's an alternative way for this one ๐Ÿ˜ž

Top Labels in this Space